Tbilisi - It's Complicated.
€ 15add to cart
Composed of artistic accounts that critically reflect on recent urban and social changes in Georgia’s capital Tbilisi, this book unveils multifaceted perspectives on a city trying to negotiate its complex heritage, intensely contentious present and potential for the future. It also serves as an alternative guidebook to be explored in situ, or read from afar.
//////BIO'S EDITORS ///
Data (David) Chigholashvili works between social anthropology and contemporary art. His works are strongly related to the specificity of their contexts. Through direct commentary or subtle forms, he aims to present and question issues of the surroundings, while exploring connections between various disciplines and ways of expression.
Nini Palavandishvili is a curator based in Tbilisi. Nini researches social and political conditions and their interpretation in cultural production and contemporary art contexts. She is interested in artistic practices that find a language through which it is possible to speak about political and social matters.
Marike Splint is a theater maker from the Netherlands based in Los Angeles, specializing in performance in public space. Fascinated by the theme of belonging, she explores the relationship between people, places, and identity. She serves as a faculty member in the Department of Theater at UCLA.
- 170 mm x 230 mm / 6.7 x 9 inch (portrait)
- Data Chigholashvili, Nini Palavandishvili, Marike Splint
- Nini Palavandishvili
- Sewn-Glued binding
- Scandia 2000 Natural 100 grams (inside pages) and 300 grams (cover)
- Printon, Tallin (EST)
- FashionVictim, Steelfish, Gill Sans
- Image specs
- 109 full color, 8 black & white images
- 1/0 matte laminate on cover + 1/0 Glossy Spot-UV + 1/0 foil on frontcover and spine 170 mm 230 mm
- Text editor
- Marike Splint
- Photography of the book
- Copy editor
- Data Chigholashvili, Marike Splint
- Made possible by
- GeoAIR Tbilisi, UCLA, CuratorLab from Konstfack and Kunstpunkt Berlin.
PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT AND ALL THE ROLES THESE PEOPLE EVER HAD IN ONOMATOPEE PROJECTS
- Data (David) Chigholashvili editor, artist, author, project coordinator
- Nini Palavandishvili editor, author, graphic designer, project coordinator
- Marike Splint editor, author, 28, project coordinator
- GeoAIR (Tbilisi, GE) producer, sponsor
- Tigran Amiryan author
- Oleksandr Burlaka author
- Tamuna Chabashvili author
- Abandoned (re)creation (Andrea Kalinová & Martin Zaicek) collective, author
- Onno Dirker author
- Paula Durinová author
- Christian van der Kooy author
- Tamar Nadiradze author
- Lena Prents author
- Ana Ramazashvili author
- Nino Sekhniashvili author
- Sophia Tabatadze author
- Cor Splint photography (institutional)
- UCLA sponsor
- CuratorLab / Konstfack University Stockholm partner organisation, co-producer, sponsor
- Kunstpunkt Berlin sponsor
- Lado Lomitashvili
- Giorgi Zagareli author
- Katharina Stadler curator, editor, author