ABOUT OUR RISO DUPLICATORS
We have 2 Riso machines: an A3 and an A2 duplicator.
The A3 two-colour-duplicator has 2 drums so it can print two colours in a single pass. The A2 duplicator has 1 drum so it can print 1 colour at a time.
We have a modest variety of paper available in A4/A3/A2 size, mostly off-white, 60-120 grams EOS paper. For specific paper wishes you’re welcome to bring your own paper. preferably select uncoated/offset paper and keep in mind the thickness of the paper (see printing specifications).
For multiple-colour projects it is possible to use our drying rack or storage drawers. Since we may not always have space available, we advice you to think about proper transport/storage means for your prints.
The digital printing file:
– The printing file needs to be set up in greyscale.
– Avoid using transparency to create light/dark, instead use %tints to make contrast in grey tones
– if you’re using more than 1 color: make every color layer a separate file (just like with silkscreening)
– make sure your file is flattened and save file as .pdf or.jpeg (jpeg preference for A2)
– bring your file on an USB-stick (mac formatted for A3, windows for A2)
Risograph inks are soy-based and do not conform exactly to any color standards. Additionally, the inks are slightly transparent and allow for overprint and colorblending. Approximate digital color reference can be found at http://stencil.wiki/colors
THE TECHNICAL SPECS OF THE MACHINES
Digital print file:
– the print file needs to be set up in greyscale.
– avoid the use of transparency to create light/dark, use %tints instead to make contrast in grey tones
– if you’re using more than 1 colour, create a separate file for each colour layer (just like with silk-screening)
– make sure your file is flattened and saved as either .pdf or .jpeg (for A2 .jpeg is preferable )
– bring your file on a USB-stick
Risograph inks are soy-based and do not conform exactly to any colour standards. Additionally, the inks are slightly transparent and allow for overprint and colour blending. Approximate digital colour reference can be found at http://stencil.wiki/colors
RISO PRINTING MACHINES
Printing Image Resolution : up to 600 dpi x 600 dpi
Print Paper Weight: 60 – 220 gsm
Print Paper Size: Minimum 297 mm x 210 mm
Maximum: 420 mm x 297 mm
Printing Area: 400 mm x 277 mm
Colours available: grey, black, yellow, orange, bright red, purple, burgundy, blue, teal, green, metallic gold, fluor pink and fluor orange.
Printing Image Resolution: up to 600 dpi x 600 dpi
Print Paper Weight: 60 – 120 gsm
Print Paper Size: Minimum 420 mm x 297 mm
Maximum: 594 mm x 420 mm
Printing Area: 574 mm x 400 mm
Colours available: black, yellow, red, blue, green and white