Consumer Culture Landscapes in Socialist Yugoslavia
€ 27add to cart
Socialist Republic of Yugoslavia was a unique experiment with progressive social forms that were matched by specific urban and spatial development. Since the end of the 1960’s until the country’s disintegration in the 1990’s is a period of ambiguity: while according to some researchers, the market-oriented economic reforms brought a much needed opening and liberalization, according to others it marked the beginning of an end of the revolutionary demand for equality. Thus, the anti-utopianism of the consumer welfare reflected in the rise of the middle class with its recognisable habits and taste.
Following a specific architectural typology, this book delves into this period which brought along social and economic changes. It focuses on the sports and shopping centre Koteks Gripe in Split and similar architectural complexes in Sarajevo, Novi Sad, and Prishtina all designed by the Sarajevo based architect Živorad Janković and associates, gradually expanding towards broader considerations of the architectural practice, contention and coalescence within the Yugoslav modernist project.
- 148 x 210 mm (portrait) / 5.8 x 8,3 inches
- Nataša Bodrožić, Lidija Butković Mićin, Saša Šimpraga
- Nataša Bodrožić, Lidija Butković Mićin, Saša Šimpraga, Tvrtko Jakovina, Igor Duda, Ana Grgić Sanja, Matijević Barčot, Branislav Dimitrijević, Dragan Markovina, Darovan Tušek, Jurica Pavičić, Diana Magdić, Mariana Bucat, Robert Plejić, Filip Kobzinek, Mejrema Zatrić, Mirza Mehaković, Aleksandar Bede, Eliza Hoxha + Ana Dana Beroš, Nikola Bojić, Luka Skansi, Brian Shipman, Borka Bobovec, Ivana Prijatelj Pavičić, Christian Maijstre, Radoslav Bužančić
- Rafaela Dražić
- English and Croatian
- Release date
- Sewn and glued
- Inside pages ‐ 24 pgs Sora Mat 115 g/m2, 464 pgs Maxi Offset 100 g/m2. End papers ‐ Pop Set Poppy 170 g/m2. Cover -Card Board 1.75 mm, Spine – White Coated 150 g/m2
- page 1-24 in 4/4, page 25-488 1/1
- Kerschoffset, Zagreb (HR)
- Image specs
- 9 full color images, 176 black/white
- Cover – front and back Card Board 1/0 Silkscreen print black. Spine ‐ 4/0 cmyk+ 1/0 Matt Lamination.
- Made possible by
- Grad Split / The City of Split, Zaklada Kultura nova / Kultura Nova Foundation, Ministarstvo kulture RH / Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia